18 April 2015

A Universal Creed

I am a Terran, a citizen of Earth.  The whole world is my home, and all its people my brothers, sisters, and cousins of the One Human Race.  

As a child of the Universe and an instrument of peace, I will strive to bring love where there is hatred; pardon where there is injury; union where there is discord; trust where there is doubt; hope where there is despair; light where there is darkness; joy where there is sadness.  

May I seek to console more than to be consoled; to understand more than to be understood; and to love more than to be loved.  

For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are forgiven; and it is in dying that we live.  Amen.  So say we all.

(Based on the Peace Prayer often attributed to St. Francis of Assisi but actually written by a French monk in 1912, a quote from ADM William Adama of the Battlestar Galactica, and on my own personal slogan.)


(The recently released design for an International Flag of Planet Earth)

No comments: